Air force units were in the sky for more than a day and a half, waiting for the word to attack.
Hamas forces Gazans to stay in targeted areas. The ratio of combatant to civilian casualties in the strikes was only slightly higher than permitted by NATO.
According to a former Shin Bet official, Israel has had opportunities to strike Yahya Sinwar but has aborted that operation over fear of hitting hostages.
The military added that the terrorists operated from the school to plan and carry out terror attacks against the forces in Gaza.
Halevi, while delivering the situational assessment, commented on the strike that killed Rafa’a Salameh, commander of the Khan Yunis Brigade, which was confirmed earlier on Sunday.
Hamas later released a statement on its official Telegram channel denying the claims that the negotiations would "halt."
Haddad, whose Reels video went viral, said, "Just as we reached your family, we will reach you too," he said, holding the passports of his wife and children.