The updated list is one of the numerous actions Washington has taken in recent years to highlight and restrict Chinese companies that it says may strengthen Beijing's military.
The Pentagon denied any connection with the international pop sensation.
White House National Security spokesman John Kirby said the US is taking away the Houthis' capability with "each and every strike."
Even members of the White House's National Security Council were not informed, and Congress was apparently notified only 15 minutes before the press.
The sale comes as Israel intensifies its offensive in the Gaza Strip. The US has pressed Israel to minimize civilian casualties in Gaza and has called to scale down the war in the coming weeks.
US CENTCOM said that four attacks had been conducted against three separate commercial vessels in the southern Red Sea.
On Tuesday North Korean state media said leader Kim Jong Un had reviewed spy satellite photos of the White House, Pentagon and US aircraft carriers at the naval base of Norfolk.